[G4] Jump from Jaguar directly to Tiger?

Robert Hazelrigg robzilla at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 28 17:47:55 PDT 2005

The cost of an upgrade can cost allot more then just the $129 initial
charge. The perfect example is Panther when I switched to Panther I
couldn't print to my Minolta 3120 with Fiery Rip for 3 months. I had to
reinstall OS 9 to get my jobs out. What a HUGE waste of time it was to
install X.2, then re-install 9, then install X.2 again with a patch and
new drivers. Sorry but I can't afford to upgrade until ALL of the
issues are resolved. I use my Mac for my business, so I'll wait until I
hear that Quark, Creative Suite 2, and all of my printers will work on
it.

You'll see just read MacFixIt on next week.

Moreover, I used to work for Apple and I've been that guinea pig
before. There are always unforeseen obstacles that pop up after a new
release. The same goes for hardware. The first G3 Tower was totally
worthless, and you can almost say the same thing about the first G4
"yikes" model. We had hundreds of bad mother boards, and fried hard
drives.

But If you've got the time and the money go for it, and good luck. I
hope you don't need it.