[G4] Jump from Jaguar directly to Tiger?

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 07:43:24 PDT 2005

I really have to disagree.  The changes in OS X from 10.1 to what I'm
using now, 10.3 are dramatic.  These are not minor upgrades but
entirely new OS's each time.  Each new release is quite worth the
money.  I placed my order for Tiger and it is supposed to be delivered
today.  Ron, you sound like you might be more comfortable on the
LowEndMac G List.  There are a lot of people there who feel the same as
you.  Some of the people on the G List are still using OS 9 and REFUSE
to go to OS X as they don't think "spending all that money" is a 'wise'
decision....and God forbid that it might not run on their Beige G3!
And goodness, what about all those old OS 9 apps?  Will they run on OS
X?  Blah, blah, blah.....
I get frustrated with some of their conservative attitudes and
generally just scan through the messages.
But Ron, go to http://www.lowendmac.com/ and subscribe to the G List,
you'll be in good 'conservative' company.
Viva progress, viva OS X 10.4!
Of course all of my Macs will support it too, we have two iBooks (a 12
inch 1.2 gig G4 and a 14 inch 1.3 gig G4), a dual 1 gig Quicksilver G4
and the one I'm on now, a G5 1.8 gig 20 inch iMac.

Tim