[G4] Re: Partitioning?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Aug 9 08:45:45 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Aug 9, 2005, at 6:09 AM, Jose Vittori wrote:

> OS X needs plenty of space to work properly because it's a wit user of
> virtual memory.
>
> Jose Vittori.

One of the reasons that OS X needs plenty of disk space is the the
operating system creates space on the disk called "swap space." This is
the area where. when needed the kernel will place applications and data
because it needs the active RAM for the current process.

However "swap space" can be relocated from the disk that the OS X
operating system calls "Home" to another disk or a different partition
of the same disk. I have moved my "swap space" to another partition and
if you are interested I can furnish you with that data.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
▪ We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb