[G4] Super drive tray opening by itself

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Sun Aug 14 16:31:28 PDT 2005

Do you happen to have a USB connected wireless keyboard?
The drive opening and closing was one of several phantom keystrokes I
was having with my Kensington Wireless Desktop for Mac. Finally ditched
the keyboard for a Macally USB (wired) Icekey model. No more phantom
keystrokes!
I do still use the USB transmitter/battery charger and the Kensington
wireless mouse that came with the desktop, though.

On Aug 14, 2005, at 7:04 PM, Alan C. Magnus wrote:

>> Check your USB port. Apple G4's have had problems with opening CD-ROM
>> drawers for ages with some USB hubs installed.
>> Thanks Doug! I do have a USB hub installed, so I will take it out and
>> see what happens.
>>>

> That did not do it. I took the hub out and the drive door still opens
> by itself.

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com