[G4] Super drive tray opening by itself

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 14 20:34:59 PDT 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:34:01 -0500, Alan C. Magnus wrote:
> On my Dual 1G MDD, the tray of the Pioneer 107 keeps opening. This is
> a recurrent problem that goes away some of the time. When I close it
> it re-opens shortly after by itself. It is in the top slot. I am
> running 10.4.2. Any suggestions anyone?

This was a common problem with OS 9 and I was plagued with it for some
time.  If I remember correctly, the culprit was the DVD driver from
Apple and there were two solutions.  One was to keep a CD mounted on
the desktop and the other was to disable the extension and use a third
party driver to read optical disks.  Neither of these was entirely
satisfactory for differing reasons.  If you have Classic open it may be
possible that this is causing the problem.  It would be telling if
mounting a CD will keep the problem from occurring.  This was common
but not universal so there must have been some conflict involved.

S. Kennedy