[G4] AppleTalk - What for now?

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Aug 16 09:21:15 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Aug 16, 2005, at 8:00 AM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

> At 9:03 AM -0400 8/16/05, Dale Hoffman wrote:
>> What is AppleTalk good for anymore?
>
> Well, in my case, it is the only way that I can connect my Rev B iMac
> running 9.x to my G4 iMac running 10.3.9. So that means I've reached
> the end of my OS X updating since 10.4.x does not support AppleTalk.
>
> I've asked on several boards, how to connect the Rev B to the G4 so
> that I can use the WiMax internet connection I have, but I get a
> deafening silence.
>> Is there any advantage to activating it on a network consisting of
>> OSX machines?
> If they are running 10.4.x, you can't.
> --
> Sincerely,
> Dennis B. Swaney
>
> "Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
> ... oh, never mind."
> _________

Connect them with ethernet.
The ethernet wire has become very, very inexpensive, and you will be
able to turn-on sharing on your 10.3.9 platform, which will allow the
9.x platform to use the internet connection.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
▪ We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb