[G4] update problem...

deepthought dtwc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 07:11:36 PDT 2005

I've got an update problem with the latest/greatest MOS patch.  I used
the Update Software from my menu, and everything downloaded and
installed, and I got my customary restart window.  When I rebooted, I
got the blue screen for a while, after which I keep on getting to what
I believe is a Unix screen.  It starts with Darwin/BSD<username> login:

I logged in w/ my admin pw and got in but everytime I tried to
exit/quit, I keep on getting to the same login screen and my G4 won't
get any further!  HELP!  I've had no problems before and have never
experienced this!

Thanks for any help!