[G4] Jumper advice

Ron Michael ronmichael at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:41:12 PDT 2005

Could I get some jumper advice? I’m trying to move the Hitatchi 80Gig
which was the original main drive on my G4 1.25mhz mirror door. Trying
to move it to the bottom carrier below the optical drives. That is
where my main startup drive is located which is now a Maxtor 120. The
other carrier contains a Seagate 160 and another Maxtor 160. That
Hitatchi drive has the most confusing jumper setting diagram I’ve ever
seen. It has about 15 different diagrams, including two or three
different “cable select” drawings & jumper positions which is what I
THINK I need but I need your help on that too. So far, I haven’t been
able to get the computer to start up and I’ve tried two or three
different jumper settings. I finally left in in the carrier
disconnected and the computer started up fine. I went to Hitachi’s
webpage hgst.com and couldn’t even find the 80gig listed. It’s
supposedly a Hitatchi Deskstar 80G, Model IC35L090 or AVV207-0 or part
number 13G0333. Can anyone offer me any suggestions or point me to a
website that will show me the correct jumper settings for the Hitachi.
Since the Maxtor 120 is a smaller drive, I’d like to leave it where it
is, if possible.

Thanks.

Ron