[G4] FIOS Vs. DSL

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue Dec 6 17:57:01 PST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 8:48 PM, Daniel Brieck Jr. wrote:

> I have not tried FIOS, but I have comcast cable internet. It is
> very fast in my area getting up around 2.0 mbps. But the cable co's
> service is expensive about 45.00 a month or more and there are no
> good total package deals with TV, Phone service from Comcast... But
> if you don't have comcast cable TV the service is as high as 57.95
> not including fees...  See what gives the best performance for the
> least amount of money in your area.. Verizon DSL would be the
> ticket in my area if i could get it...  Verizon even offers a
> discounts to customers who use their  home phone service... Meaning
> you can get $35 or $39 DSL service for 29.99 with no 1 year
> contracts, etc...
>

> Daniel J. Brieck Jr.

I have the package deal with Verizon now.  I don't recall exactly
what I pay for DSL, but my total bill runs a little over $100 per
month for DSL, Unlimited long distance on the home phone, voice mail,
caller ID, etc... I haven't gotten any quotes from Bright House yet.
They just put the main line up 2 weeks ago, and I don't think it is
all spliced in and working yet.

Thanks,

Kevin