[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 16, Issue 2-Still using OS 9.1 on my G4-400 mhz.

Sy sytech at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 05:10:48 PST 2005

To:	g4 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

It just seems that most of the recommendations have a
"caveat" like "may", "might", "possibly", "depends
upon" etc..which leads me to beleive that I may run
into some problems which would take an inordinate
amount of time to learn and correct.

I have another idea though.  Inasmuch as it seems that
SOONER rather than later, I will have to go to OSX.
What about the idea of buying a separate dual-boot
computer (on Ebay or elsewhere) and use it for
Internet access only . This would allow me to get
familiar with OSX without messing up my OS9 business
apps and data.

I can keep my G4 with my old apps on the G4 and at
some point after learning the ropes and how to
translate my stuff into OSX usable form I can bring it
all over to the newer machine.

Does that make any sense?  Any thoughts about the pros
and cons?

Thanks,

Sy