[G4] Re: Single or Dual??

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 16:01:06 PST 2005

> Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:48:19 -0500
> From: Mike Tweedie <mac at springerlabs.com>
> Subject: [G4] Single or Dual??
>
> Hi All....
>
> I just picked up a G4 Sawtooth 500Mhz, and added 1.5Gb of RAM and 160Gb if
> of disk and a Radeon.
>
> Interestingly enough it's been pretty cheap so far. Having said that it's
> time for a new processor.
>
> I've been looking at OWC and have seen a few that should do the trick. Now,
> for the big question...
>
> Single or Dual?

Mike,

Only you can answer that question and it depends on what applications you
use. I have heard most do not really use the dual processors so that is why
I picked a single.  I went for the 1 GHz OWC upgrade from my 500 and it has
been great.  The only issue with some of the processor upgrades is the added
noise for the extra fan.  If the dual processor has two fans, stay away.

Dick
G4 1GHz AGP