[G4] Re: New USB Device Needed

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Sat Dec 10 09:26:38 PST 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Dec 9, 2005, at 1:11 PM, Harry Freeman wrote:

> Greetings ( + )!( + )
>
> If you have a USB printer, a USB Mac and a USB WIN XP PC all that you
> need is a USB Hub (Powered.) Connect all three to the hub and away you
> go.
>
> On Dec 9, 2005, at 12:34 PM, Samuel D. Bays wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be great if one of the electronics device manufacturers
>> like
>> Belkin could invent a USB device that would enable both a Mac and a
>> PC to
>> share a USB printer without having to switch the wires from computer
>> computer.
>>
>> In the meantime, what is the preferred method  enabling a WIN XP PC
>> and a
>> Power Mac and PowerBook running OS X 10.4.2 to print to the same
>> printer?
>>
>> Sam Bays
>

> Best Regards, /\*_*/\
>
> Harry (*^_^*)

OOPS, what I meant to say was an ethernet hub, (if all of your current
ports are in use) then connect the WIN XP PC to the Mac via ethernet
and enable printer sharing. You'll find printer sharing in the systems
preferences under "Print & Fax" and check mark the box that says "Share
my printers with other computers"

This is what I am doing in my set-up, except that my other computers
are first connected to a wireless router that has 4 ethernet wired
ports. All of my computers along with my internet cable connection are
connected together through the router (a Belkin) either wired or
wireless, so that all have internet access. Never have a problem
printing unless there are jobs in Que. and the one that I want to print
I want in a hurry, I can cancel the other jobs and ask who ever is
printing from the remote location to start their print job again.

Sorry about the earlier information.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb