[G4] Installing os9

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Dec 12 15:30:41 PST 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Bob,

If your under the impression that dual boot means that you can boot one
processor into OS X and the second into Os 9.2.x, I don't think so,
what dual boot means is that you can either boot into OS X (OR) Os
9.2.x

And the Dual Processor Macs mean that there are two processor and you
can use one processor or if you have software that is written for dual
processor then you can have both processor sharing the work load.

On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Bob Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 10.4.2 on it now. I have 2 hard drives 20gb each with a sonnet
> 1ghz
> processor and 768mb of ram. (my mac works perfectly) I wanted to have
> a dual
> boot system because there are a few apps that I really need to use
> that only
> work under os9.
>
> Bob
>

> On 12/12/05 2:21 PM, "J.M.P.Hissel" <jomph at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 12-12-2005 20:57, Bob Schmidt, bob58523 at charter.net, wrote:
>>
>>> A few months ago I posted a question about installing os9 on a agp
>>> g4.
>>> Someone on the list mentioned putting the system folder from a
>>> computer with
>>> os 9.2 on the hard drive of my agp. I lost that email and was
>>> wondering if
>>> someone could re-post that process.
>>
>> A few questions previously:
>> What are you running on this agp now?
>> Tell more about that Mac: HD('s), RAM etc.
>>> From which Mac are you planning to take that OS 9.2? For the agp will
>> perhaps not accept the system folder of every other Mac.
>> The more we know the more we can tell.
>>
>> Jo Hissel

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb