[G4] help with 10.4

Mark Swanson mswanson9988 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 15:45:03 PST 2005

My TiBook is and has been working fine but my Quicksilver (two drives)
is giving me a problem.  The original 80 gig drive is running 10.3.9
and I carbon copied it to an external firewire drive.  My second drive
is a 200 gig internal running 10.4.3.  My plan was to back up my 80 gig
to the external,  then reformat and install 10.4.  But, in the middle
of this, my 200 gig  went schizo and won't let me log in.  I am leery
of erasing my main 80 gig if the 200 gig drive (and 10.4.3) is going
wacky.  The larger drive won't recognize my user password or my
administrator password.  Should I toss to system folders on the 200 and
re-intall?  I fixed permission on every drive before I started, ran
Disk utility on every drive, and then ran Disk warrior on every drive.
Why won't the 200 let me in?  Is there a work around besides
reformatting and re-installing?  My big concern is a very large iTunes
music folder on the 200 gig drive that is too big to put anywhere else,
at the moment.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated