[G4] Single or Dual??

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Dec 13 20:33:30 PST 2005

On 13 December, 2005, at 3:16:13, Mike Tweedie wrote:

> Also, using the utility from PowerLogix, found here;
> http://powerlogix.com/support/agp_dual_compat/index.html
>
> I can in fact add a Dual CPU to the mobo.

But, and it's a big but, do you want to have to rely on a third-party
piece of software to make your configuration operate smoothly?

I have a small distrust of putting in third-party software if Apple
didn't "build in" the capability that you are attempting to add. I do
use a couple of third-party software programs for appearance's sake
like MightyMouse and FruitMenu that put hacks into my system, but am
still a little hesitant to put so much more reliance on a utility
that will be running my processor.

Just my $.02 worth.