[G4] spinning ball 2

Gregg Mastorakos lightpainter at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 20:53:43 PST 2005

> > I have a g4 dual 450 runnning 10.2.6
> > Any action such as moving a window or opening a
> folder results in the
> > spinning ball for 4-5 minutes. I have no problem
> running photoshop
> > and/or other programs at full speed.  Any ideas?
> > Thanks,
> > Gregg

Thanks for your responses....
Now I'd like to up the ante.... Now 2 partitions on two different drives
won't mount. I have two harddrives with several partitions on each. Before I
read your responses I ran disk utility and was able to "repair permissions"
and "repair disk" all but one partition on the two drives, the one with OS
10.2.6 on it. I booted up on my 10.3 disk (I use 10.2 because some of my
often used software won't run on 10.3) and ran Disk Warrior. That is when a
non boot partition on the other drive disappeared, the error code is at my
office but it was something like  (-97705), I can post the actual code and
error response when I get to office tmo.

Thanks for your help, I need it.
Gregg