[G4] Re: Disk First Aid, Diskwarrior Compatibility with OS 10.2.8

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri Dec 16 18:21:06 PST 2005

Hello Anne:

Sorry for the delay, I'm just catching up on a few days worth of
digests.

For your directories and defragmenting, your OS X does that in the
background as you work.  The useful utilities like MacJanitor and OnyX
are useful for other UNIX things.  You should use the Disk Utility on
your hard drive to Repair Disk Permissions on occasion, say monthly,
and after any time you install or update software.

 From my look at web sites for Diskwarrior and Techtool Pro, I believe
it is best to buy the OS X version, but those who have used these
utilities, both upgrade versions and new, should chime in here.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.

On Dec 13, 2005, at 11:39 AM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com