[G4] Re: G4 TO G5 Transfer

Peter Schaff schaffpa at whidbey.net
Sun Dec 18 11:02:12 PST 2005

Another consideration in using ATA drives in a new dual core PowerMac
is that the PCIe (Extreme?) is NOT backward compatible with any PCI
cards, so you'll need to find a PCIe card for your G4 drives.  I'd go
USB or Firewire.  I'm getting another 250GB drive and keeping my MDD's
2 80GB drives for that computer.

  - Peter