[G4] USB Question

bigthor at webzone.net bigthor at webzone.net
Wed Dec 28 12:32:17 PST 2005

Great to have found this site!

My Mac is a Power Mac G4 733 Quicksilver bought in 9/2001.  Running OS
X 10.3 9.  640 MB RAM, Iomega ZIP 250, just installed a 16X Superdrive.
  I also added 2 external firewire hard drives, a LaCie 74 GB and a
Fantom 233 GB.  HP OfficeJet G85xi printer.  Apple 20" Cinema Display.

I'm purchasing a Sony VDR-VC20 DVDirect DVD Recorder.  The manual
states that it connects to a Mac via a Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0-compliant)
interface.

My question is, my Mac has USB 1.1, right?  Will the Sony VRDVC20
DVDirect DVD Recorder work with my Mac's USB 1.1, work slower, or not
work at all?

Will I have to use the Sony as a standalone only, with analog
connections to my VCRs?

I am a beginner at making and copying DVDs.  I have Toast Titanium 6
and 7 and need to learn iMovie, iDVD.  Don't know if I need DivX?

Don