[G4] [OT] DSL Router and Ethernet Hub compatibility

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Wed Feb 2 04:16:59 PST 2005

>is the setup a dsl modem(router) to a hub with no router?
>
>If so what you need is a Router Switch, nobody uses a hub today,
>such as the Asante FR 11004 or if you want the ability to to add
>wireless FR1104-g, 54mb(airport extreme).
>
>If you have a Router HUB, then just follow the instructions that
>came with the router hub  to do the setup.

This setup is as straight forward as can be. The user doesn't want
wireless, just to be able to use DSL and print to his Laserwriter
8500 without manually plugging and unplugging ethernet connections.
The DSL modem supplied has the option of USB connection but drivers
are available only for Windows. The simplest solution is to find an
ethernet hub that will recognize this modem. The manufacturer of the
Hub (Farallon) seems to be out of business.
DaleH

Original query: