[G4] [OT] DSL Router and Ethernet Hub compatibility

Richard Meyeroff rem at meyeroff-c-c.com
Wed Feb 2 06:06:05 PST 2005

the problem is that you can only connect one ethernet device directly
to the DSL modem at a time and the modem uses the MAC address of the
device to confirm mthe correct device is connected.

Thee only way to have multiple ethernet devices connec ted to a DSL
or Cable Modem is to use a Router switch that allows for DNS on the
private side of the connection.  You attach the DSL Modem to the
Router Switch and then connect the 2 devices to the 4 port ethernet
switch that is part of the Router Switch.  They cost about $50.

I have done this with Verision ISDN, Verision DSL, and Comcast cable
using both Masence Xrouters and the asante Friendly net routers.