[G4] [WAY OT] BellSouth DSL

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 14:59:13 PST 2005

Same exact issues.
I had one tech tell me I needed Outlook express to use the news
servers. He said OE for OS X was the best.
I informed them that MS does not make OE for X, but Entourage. He was
dumbfounded.
After a few weeks, I also noticed that my connect speed was down around
500-800 kbps.
They were never able to resolve it.
I switched to Comcast, I am getting 4MB, and they support Mac's No
problems.
Bell allowed me to cancel my 1 year contract/commitment  without any
problems.
Apparently they realize their support is a bit lacking.
I do know one friend who uses Bellsouth, and seems very happy with it.
Anyway, as Dennis would say, That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
John