[G4] backing up suggestions

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue Feb 8 13:21:14 PST 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 3:35 PM, Ron Steinke wrote:

> How are you configuring Silver Keeper to run? My experience has been
> that you have to either select the ENTIRE drive contents or select
> SEPARATE items from the drive contents when you are doing a back-up.
>
> If you have selected only the applications, and not the rest of the
> drive contents, then you will only get the selected items in the
> back-up.
>
> As of last month, I have begun using CarbonCopyCloner to create a
> bootable back-up on my 60g external FireWire drive. This is working
> much better for me than using Retrospect or Apple's .Mac Backup.

I selected the partition of the hard drive that os OS X installed on
it.  It does a scan of the partition and displays the number of
folders, size, etc.  Then it asks if I want to make it a bootable OS X
back up.  I reply yes, then I select the 40 GB hard drive as the
destination.   The   options available are "back up set" "synchronize
set" or "compare set".  I choose back upset and it runs for a while,
then it stops and says the destination is full.

Thanks--

Kevin