[G4] CSEL on G4/667 IDE bus?

B Yen byen00 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 14 04:06:06 PST 2005

I just installed a WD 120G in my G4/667.  I think it's formatted for a PC, the
installation software is all PC.

When I put in the hardware, the instructions gave me 2 options..if CSEL is
enabled on IDE bus, they have the jumper..all the way to the right.  They said,
if not sure of CSEL, then they showed the jumper for a "slave" drive..that's what
I did.

So, I power it up & the Mac G4/667 booted up fine.. (this seems to indicate the
drives are not conflicting).  Except, the drive doesn't show up on the Desktop.
When I do System Profiler, it shows up as "ID=1 Hard Drive   No Volumes mounted".

Does this mean I have to format it as a Mac drive..is it just using DFA (Disk
First Aid), or some other Mac system software program?  Sorry about the basic
question.  Regarding good disk utilities, can someone recommend a good one?  A
long time ago, I remember a FWB (?) or a LaCie as good ones.  (there was another
one, but I forgot its name)

TIA for any help/advice.