how many partitions, for 2nd OS? (was Re: [G4] CSEL on G4/667 IDE bus?

B Yen byen00 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 14 04:19:21 PST 2005

I just ran Drive Setup & partitioned it into 2 partitions.. each 60g.  I also
updated the driver, & re-booted.

Everything is OK.

I'm still on OS 9.2.2. (if you can believe it).  I heard some people have a
partition reserved for OS X boot.  Is my 2 partition HD Okay, or could I go with a 3
(or even 4) partition?  I guess I'm asking, how much disk space is ideal for an OS X
partition?

A while back, I was the one whose 60g Maxtor was beginning to act flaky (sometimes
it wouldn't show up during a boot, or wouldn't wake from a "sleep").  I suppose the
above 2-partition scheme (each 60g) might be good, if I used one partition as a
"mirror" of the Maxtor 60g.  Others suggested just copying over important files, in
which case a smaller partition could take care of that.

Question: I need recomendations on a good partition scheme for my 120g Western
Digital.

TIA for any help/advice.