how many partitions, for 2nd OS? (was Re: [G4] CSEL on G4/667 IDE bus?

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 05:57:53 PST 2005

You don't really have to do multiple partition at all, one will do.
However I do like keeping the os 9 partition separate as a personal
preference to kind of separate things.  Now, if you are making two
equal partitions, one for os 9 and os x which is a good idea keeping
them separate. I would recommend against making the os 9 partition
equal in size with the os x one, because later you will probably want
that space on your os X partition.  I have my computers main boot
hard-drive partition like this: just 1.37 GB (951.5 MB free)  for os 9
and 110.15 GB (88.94 GB free) for the os x partition. So all-in-all
adjust your os 9 partition to meet your usage needs, you will probably
need a lot more than 1.00 GB if you still use os 9 for getting work
done. I don't use os 9 much and just keep it there for compatibilities
sake and for possible G4 firmware updates. So you will have to figure
out what you need but it is always a safe bet to give os x more space
because that is where the new software is and where things are happing
at, os nine is still...

Dan Brieck Jr.