[G4] Save and Save As not really working

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 03:13:52 PST 2005

On 14 Feb, 2005, at 5:23, Richard M. Kriss wrote:

Can someone tell me why I cannot get documents to save in a nested
folder?
I can repeat the failure and this is disturbing in that the application
(that I would rather not name) says it is updated the file but it is not
being changed.

You can get the document saved in any location that you chose as long
as you are saving it for the FIRST time and not using the "Save in xxxx
folder selected by the application" function. The dialogue window gives
you the option to select your choice of locations. All you have to do
is use the dialogue window functions to navigate to the selected
location and click on the SAVE button when you arrive where you want to
be.

The second opportunity to save to the location you desire is when you
use the "Save As" option. Again, a dialogue window opens and gives you
all the same saving options: name, location, extension appendage, etc.
This option will create a duplicate document in the selected location.
 From this point, you have to remember what you named it and where you
put it so you can locate it again.

End of Basic Mac lesson #17.