[G4] Save and Save As not really working

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 15 12:34:00 PST 2005

First, I want to thank Ron Steinke and Al Poulin for the help.  I am still
lost on why I cannot Save or Save As to a file in specific folder. If I put
a copy of the file (with the same filename) in a folder on the desktop, I
can open it, make changes and save the changes.  Both Save and Save As work
perfect as described in Ron's Basic Mac lesson #17. Each time it is saved
the file modification date is changed.

The host application can open the document in the suspect 'nested' folder
that is a folder within a folder on the same HD and it says it is saving the
document or replacing it when I use the Save As but the file remains
unchanged. The contents are not changed and the modification date remains
the same old date.  It acks like the file is locked but the Get Info says
nothing about the file file being locked and the application does not seem
to discover a problem.

Al, fyi the small rectangle is set to the open position in both folders so
you can see the View options and other goodies in the folder's menu bar.

This has bugged me long enough. I am about ready to trash the file and
folder chalk it up to an unsolved Mac OS mystery.

Thanks guys

Dick Kriss