[G4] Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Thu Feb 17 14:08:17 PST 2005

Yesterday, I went out and purchased a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my
iMac G5 1.8 gig.  I didn't get bluetooth installed in it originally because
I bought it from my local Apple Store.  The documentation on Apple's website
says that if this is the case to purchase (specifically by name) the D-Link
DBT-120 bluetooth adapter.
I did all of that and set it all up at home.  On a cold boot, everything
works fine but if I put the iMac to sleep and then come back, it loses
communication with the keyboard and mouse and I have to jump through hoops
to get them talking again or force the computer to shut down and then power
up.  I have long been in the habit of leaving my computer on and just
letting it go to sleep (years and years), so I find this situation
unacceptable and have reconnected the wired keyboard and mouse.
Am I doing something wrong or missing an important step?

Tim
--
Exterminate all rational thought.