[G4] Cloning G4 to G5: Naming Hard Drives

John Miller webaron at starcrest.com
Sat Feb 19 13:20:18 PST 2005

James:  Yes, system install is what I should have said....not restore.

I've had several suggestions to just use the Setup Assistant that comes
with OSX (Applications/Utilities).  The G5 I bought was actually setup
once already, as the person I bought it from (a graphics designer)
loaded a graphics package, then decided to sell it.  It's essentially
brand new, but does have a User set up with:  username = admin; and
password = admin.  I'll trigger Setup Assistant once again and see if
that works.  Would be a lot easier than my original approach.

If that does not work, then I'll probably follow the 10 steps I
outlined.  Thanks for your ideas, guys.