[G4] Help with VHS transfer

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Sun Feb 20 16:33:11 PST 2005

I need some help transferring my kids VHS tapes to DVD.  My set up is
as follows...

Gigabit G4 w/1 Ghz Sonnet Encore'
1 GB RAM
Radeon 8500 Video card
Miglia TV/DVR card for capture

I am using the composite out on the VCR and composite in on the Miglia
card to record the tapes to my hard drive.  However, I notice that when
a character on the screen makes quick movements, they are blurry.  I
have tried using the following codec settings on the card...

DV/DVC Pro 50 (NTSC)
MJPEG A and B
MPEG-4
Apple Intermediate Codec

I set all of the codecs to best quality, and have tried size ranges
during recording from 1:1 (640 X 480) to 1:8 (80 X 60).

Does any one have any experience with this?

Thanks--

Kevin