[G4] NeverWinter Nights crashing w/OS10.3.7?

Jonathan I. Nori JIN at destinyimage.com
Mon Jan 3 05:56:43 PST 2005

>>> ronsteinke at mac.com 01/02/05 05:50PM >>>
>Is anyone else having this problem?
>
>I recently downloaded and installed the OS upgrade to 10.3.7.
Everything else seems to be working with this upgrade, but my
NeverWinter Nights game is crashing at startup.

>NWN (original CD version installation without updates) was working
perfectly using OS 10.3.5 and 10.3.6. Now, when I attempt to start from
an alias or from the installed program, it simply crashes before
allowing any NWN data to load and gives me the program crash dialogue
window.

>I am using a G4 Gbit Ethernet upgraded to 1GHz processor w/1Gb RAM and
OS 10.3.7. I have earlier versions of the OS installed on separate hard
drives, but haven't tried booting to those and installing NWN on them
yet. I would rather not have to use one of my backup drives as my
"gaming" drive, but it appears that I might have to do that in order to
get back to playing NWN.

>Are there any ideas or suggestions? TIA.
>
>Ron

I know a couple people who play NWN on Mac, and one of them said that when they updated to 10.3.7 they had to update their video card software and reinstall NWN. They aren't sure which of the two fixed the problem, because they did both at once.

I'd suggest you reinstall NWN and see if that fixes your problem.

Also, the NWN tech support boards are a good place to look. The couple of threads that I perused seemd to indicate that the first troubleshooting step is a reinstall of the game.

Jon  8^)