[G4] NeverWinter Nights crashing w/OS10.3.7?

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 22:53:54 PST 2005

On Jan 3, 2005, at 5:56 AM, Jonathan I. Nori wrote:

I know a couple people who play NWN on Mac, and one of them said that
when they updated to 10.3.7 they had to update their video card
software and reinstall NWN. They aren't sure which of the two fixed the
problem, because they did both at once.

I'd suggest you reinstall NWN and see if that fixes your problem.

Jonathan,

I did try re-installing NWN on the drive, but kept getting crashes when
I tried to run it. I repaired permissions and ran all the cron
programs, but no joy there either.

I have chosen a different drive as my startup drive (OS 10.3.6) and am
installing NWN on that drive to experiment whether NWN will run on that
drive. If NWN runs on the new drive, I will try upgrading the OS to
10.3.7 and see if it continues to run after the upgrade. If it
continues to run, then at least I will have learned that it must be a
conflict with some other program on the original drive or a corruption
of something.

Sometimes I think that OS-X makes things difficult because Apple didn't
want users to be able to do their personal experimenting and modify the
OS files.