[G4] suspected viruis

Janie McMurray janie at lincolnsentinel.com
Mon Jan 3 11:27:18 PST 2005

I am hoping that ya'all can help me. We have a G4 running on OS 10.3
and the computer seems to be working fine but our internet and email
does not work properly all the time. Sometimes it is good some times it
is bad. We did all the trouble shooting things. Talking to the IP tech
out uploaded and downloaded numbers seem to be not meshing. (See below)
and he says that it could be a virus. Wondering if anyone else has any
ideas or thoughts on this problem. I just am real uncomfortable
thinking it is a virus.

Traffic Statistics

Today
uploaded 917
downloaded 1,761

Yesterday
uploaded 1,145
downloaded 3,516

This Week
uploaded 2,062
downloaded 5,277

Last Week
uploaded 330
downloaded 107

This Month
uploaded 2,062
downloaded 5,277

Last Month
uploaded 838
downloaded 1,952

  The numbers for last month would be for the whole month of December...

----
Janie McMurray
Graphic Designer
Lincoln Sentinel-Republican