[G4] G4-450 AGP upgrade to 1 GHz

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 4 06:56:36 PST 2005

Thanks to several on this list that recommended a processor upgrade.  I
purchase the Other World Computing (OWC) Mercury Extreme 1 GHz processor.
The shipment and sales support was great and the installation was a snap.
The old G4 is much more responsive now and I see less spinning discs. The
big change was noted in iPhoto and that change alone was worth the cost of
the upgrade.

Yes, I would like to have a new G5 but the old G4 is still doing a great job
for everything I need.  Thanks guys for the tip to breath new life in G4.

Dick
G4 AGP 1GHz