[G4] G4-450 AGP upgrade to 1 GHz

skinnymen productions skinnymenproductions at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 13:04:05 PST 2005

i'm looking to do the same upgrade (g4 450 to 1 gig). where did you buy the processor? the cheapest i found was $239. anyone else have any good spot to buy from?

also looking for 2 512 sdram memory sticks.

"Richard M. Kriss" <rmkriss at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Thanks to several on this list that recommended a processor upgrade. I
purchase the Other World Computing (OWC) Mercury Extreme 1 GHz processor.
The shipment and sales support was great and the installation was a snap.
The old G4 is much more responsive now and I see less spinning discs. The
big change was noted in iPhoto and that change alone was worth the cost of
the upgrade.

Yes, I would like to have a new G5 but the old G4 is still doing a great job
for everything I need. Thanks guys for the tip to breath new life in G4.

Dick
G4 AGP 1GHz

Hotep a.k.a Hustle Simmons
C.E.O. SKINNYMEN PRODUCTIONS