[G4] 500 G4 & Panther

Polkadoter at aol.com Polkadoter at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 13:39:09 PST 2005

Just acquired a 500mhz G4 Tower. (I think that might be a Sawtooth).  It came
with 9.1.  But I want to put Panther on.  It kept freezing on the Panther
install so I took out all but the 128 stick, partitioned the 20 gig drive so the
first partition was about 7.5 gigs and then was able to install but not get
through registration.  So I bought a 512 chip from OWC figuring it might be
memory.  Installed the memory and got through registration.  But now it freezes
upon opening hard drive partitions - usually while the window is zooming up or
the mouse freezes or the monitor goes to sleep and I can't get it to wake up.
Reset the Pram (3 chimes).  Very frustrated.  I would appreciate any thoughts
or troubleshooting ideas.
Thanks so much,
Linda