[G4] 500 G4 & Panther

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 16:08:39 PST 2005

shouldn't matter.

i have a G4/500/AGP sawtooth and have been running Panther since it
came out (along with previous OSX versions).  I have not had any issues
with lock up like that.  Do you have any 3rd party PCI/AGP cards loaded
that haven't been updated?  Also, have upgraded the OS X to the latest
version or are you still on 10.3.0?

One other thing you might try is to clear your NVRAM using the prom
monitor.  I might have some detail for this as I did it long long ago
for another issue...

If you have other PCI cards, try pulling them out or checking the
vendor for a ROM update (I know I had to get an update for my Sonnet
SATA card before it would work right)...

Jim