[G4] novice questions for external drive

Wayne Wilkin macsys at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 04:44:51 PST 2005

Just another quick note. I had a friend of mine that purchased a
firewire porche drive. Couldn't format the drive with any type of X
utility including disk utility. For the heck of it I had him try OS9's
disk utility and it formated fine. After that he was able to reformat
the drive with X's disk utility, go figure.