[G4] Digital camera/G4 problem

Joe Dundovic jodun at usinternet.com
Sun Jan 16 21:46:35 PST 2005

Hello G4 comrades,

I have a problem which I hope is not so unique that at least one of
you Mac-lovers has already run across and solved it.  My Sawtooth G4
running OS 9.2 refuses to recognize either my digital camera (Nikon
Coolpix 5000) or a flash card played through a SanDisk reader.

When I plug in either unit into a USB port I get the following warning:

"This disk is unreadable by this computer.
Do you want to initialize the disk?
Format:  Mac OS Standard 59.8 MB"

If I initialize the disk then the camera says it must be reformatted.

Everyone else I know with a digital camera just plugs them into their
Mac or PC and are off and running with their digital pics.  What am I
doing wrong?

Best regards,

Joe Dundovic

*