[G4] Digital camera/G4 problem FIXED!

Joe Dundovic jodun at usinternet.com
Mon Jan 17 19:45:09 PST 2005

Thanks to all of you who sent  suggestions
on how to make my Mac recognize digital
camera inputs.  Turns out I had all the extensions
and control panels active except the very important
one suggested by Tom Bulat.  That's the "File Exchange
Control Panel", which had been accidently turned off.

My Mac OS 9 Bible says "File Exchange is the software
that enables PC-formatted disks to appear on the Mac
desktop".  Apparently digital cameras are PC-formatted.
I turned on File Exchange, restarted my computer and
bingo!  I could see my pictures.  What a relief!

So a special thanks to Tom (below) for his winning answer,
and a round of thanks to the G4 list,  a great resource.

Joe Dundovic