[G4] Speakers for G4 desktop Mac

Richard Smykla rsmykla at verizon.net
Fri Jul 1 12:21:04 PDT 2005

Miz B,

I have the Apple Pro Speakers with the USB iSub and love 'em. Just
plug 'em in and the Sound Preference pane will recognize them, and
allow separate control of the subwoofer. Not terribly loud, but
enough for a decent size room, and very good fidelity. I spent about
$70 for them in used but excellent condition. The main drawback is
that the cables for the Apple Pro Speakers are short, and use the
unusual Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm plug that G4s and some iMacs have. I
bought an 6' extender from Griffin Technology (I think they stopped
making these, but B&H has them in stock here:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=GRAE&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=308366>
)

that allows the speakers to have decent separation on my desk. HTH.

Rick

--
Rick Smykla
rsmykla at verizon.net