[G4] Speakers for G4 desktop Mac

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 1 12:36:34 PDT 2005

On 1/7/2005 9:49 AM, "Crazy Miz B" <paula at crazedcowboys.com> wrote:

Howdy Cowgirl, how are you today, sweetheart?

> I am clueless on audio.
Isn't that a bit of a worry for a DJ?

> I want speakers so that my music can be heard better and with more
> volume the room. I know absolutely nothing about what to select.
How big a room? For your computer room? For your Disco jobs?

> My budget is low, but I don't want trash. Would truly be grateful for
> any recommendations or sources that you might know.
For my computer I found second hand a pair of 'active' speakers (built in
amplifier) that are so good I often use them for the teaching studio.
Fabulous with opera up loud in class. They are called 'JUSTer ACTIVE SP-935
HI-FI STEREO SPEAKER 160 WATTS'. They are only tiny (10in h x 6in w x 5in d)
but sound like big speakers. Have woofer and tweeter. Make iTunes worth
listening to.

> I'm a DJ, so need to hear the artists' work well---so it needs to be
> decent---but the budget is somewhat limited. Can't spend hundreds and
> hundreds of dollars.
They cost me 20 bucks Australian. But I was lucky.

Tony