[G4] Pioneeer DVR-109 and Mac OSX 10.4

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 13:52:36 PDT 2005

I read several thing that a DVD-109 should work with Mac OSX 10.4 so I used
the expert mode in Patchburn and removed the patch.  Did the about and got:

PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109:

  Firmware Revision:    1.55
  Interconnect:    ATAPI
  Burn Support:    Yes (Unsupported)
  Profile Path:    None
  Cache:    2000 KB
  Reads DVD:    Yes
  CD-Write:    -R, -RW
  DVD-Write:    -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
  Burn Underrun Protection CD:    Yes
  Burn Underrun Protection DVD:    Yes
  Write Strategies:    CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
  Media:    No

Looks like I need to run Patchburn again!

Just ran Patchburn and did a restart. It now says:

PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109:

  Firmware Revision:    1.55
  Interconnect:    ATAPI
  Burn Support:    Yes (Vendor Supported)
  Profile Path:
/Library/DiscRecording/DeviceProfiles/PatchBurn-pioneerdvdrwdvr109.drprofile