[G4] Help! I can't get Panther OSX to network with OS 9.2.2

Alex Hurst corkflor at iol.ie
Thu Jul 7 13:25:16 PDT 2005

Hi all you G4 experts.

The Net is truly wonderful!

Found this nugget at:

http://macusersforum.com/lofiversion/index.php?t4119.html

Another thing to try would be to go to the Utilities folder on your
Mac OS X machine, open Directory Access and check the box next to
AppeTalk, click on Apply.
AppleTalk is disabled by default in Panther while it was On by
default in Jaguar. Since OS 9 uses AppleTalk for Networking this
might be the snag right there.......

And voila, it works! My G4 in Panther now sees the G3 files.... :-)

OTOH, I'm still getting the busted connection message on both G3s,
even though they can see the G4 in Chooser.....:-(

I love the way Apple makes it so easy for tyros like me..........

Anyone got any ideas on getting the G3s to G4 connection working?

Best

Alex

--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor at iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2 at virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019