[G4] RE: G4 refuses to recognize printer and scanner

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 11 17:08:32 PDT 2005

On 12/7/2005 9:24 AM, "jonseward at mindspring.com" <jonseward at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anthony,
>
> I've experienced the same sort of thing with my Epson Stylus 2200.  It's
> sometimes a bear to keep
> the driver and printer recognized.
>
> Not too much ryhme or reason to it.  I'd blame the Epson software, since
> othjer peripherals don't
> exhibit the same behavior.

When I bought a new printer I had major problems that Epson's normal tech
staff couldn't fix and they referred it 'upstairs'. The hot shot who did fix
it told me that their rate of service difficulties by OS was 37% Mac. He
said that¹s incredible for about 5% of the computer market. He also said he
was a Mac user at home and had been since the first Mac, so was familiar
with the beast and not a Mac 'knocker', but that since incompatibility
issues were far less for Windows that Epson considered it a problem of the
OS rather than the software, and likely connected with the extra security
inbuilt into the machine.