[G4] RE: G4 refuses to recognize printer and scanner

Dennis B. Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Tue Jul 12 06:49:36 PDT 2005

At 10:08 AM +1000 7/12/05, Tony Johansen wrote:

>When I bought a new printer I had major problems that Epson's normal tech
>staff couldn't fix and they referred it 'upstairs'. The hot shot who did fix
>it told me that their rate of service difficulties by OS was 37% Mac. He
>said that's incredible for about 5% of the computer market. He also said he
>was a Mac user at home and had been since the first Mac, so was familiar
>with the beast and not a Mac 'knocker', but that since incompatibility
>issues were far less for Windows that Epson considered it a problem of the
>OS rather than the software, and likely connected with the extra security
>inbuilt into the machine.

Typical of peripheral manufacturers: blame the OS for their own
incompetance. Can you imagine a car stereo maker saying that the
automobile must be designed around their product.
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is
... oh, never mind."