[G4] In praise of Onspeed........

Alex Hurst corkflor at iol.ie
Tue Jul 12 08:14:46 PDT 2005

Hi guys.

My learning curve on OS X and local networks is increasing apace. My
two G3s are now talking away happily to the G4 and v.v.

As I am sadly without the possibility pro tem of broadband out here
in the sticks, I purchased and downloaded some nifty and cheap
software called Onspeed, which does exactly what it promised and
speeds up OS X downloads in Safari and Explorer dramatically. They
are apparently coming up with a similar speed-up for Mac email in a
couple of months, plus a few other goodies.

They also have a real live customer support facility available via
iChat, which proved invaluable when I messed up the final stages of
installation by failing to RTFM. Ten minutes of chat, and all was
well again.

Thoroughly recommended as a halfway house to full broadband, and a
lot cheaper at Euro 39.99 p.a.

See:

http://www.onspeed.com/

  Best