[G4] Help Finding a Seagate SATA drive on a G4 AGP with a Syba card

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 12 12:48:08 PDT 2005

I picked up a Syba PCI Serial ATA Host Controller Card and SATA Power cable
from Fry's today.  I removed my backup WD40 Hard Drive and replaced it with
a new Seagate 80 GB SATA drive in the top bay.  I used the jumper cable
provided by Syba to connect the PCI card to the new SATA drive.  I then used
the SATA Power cable to get the power from the G4 ribbon cable to the new
drive.

Fired up the G4 and I can only find my primary drive using the Disk
Utility.app.  Did the profiler and  Any suggestions on how I wake up the
SATA drive?  Surely someone has been able to get one of the newer SATA
drives to work in a G4

Dick