[G4] Re: Updates do not fix my DVD playback

Sean Collins sean at hogheaven.com
Thu Jul 14 07:29:24 PDT 2005

>  > I did the update to 10.4.2 and also the specific DVD player patch but
>>  still no luck playing DVDs on my G4 400. Was wondering if any of the
>>  others on the list who had the problem got any different result. I
>>  guess I am going to have to replace the Radeon 8500 with a newer
>  > card. Seems like the consensus is that's the problem.

There are plenty of people w/the same configuration who are NOT
having any problems.  Suggest you diagnose more thoroughly before
blaming the Radeon 8500 card.

I have a G4 AGP/1.3Ghz (upgrade), OSX 10.4.1, Radeon 8500 and it
plays DVD's just fine.  Others w/stock processors have also reported
no problems.

Sean